Responsible for setting up streams of coaching and other development activity work as guided by the Northants development plan to also include Disability Cricket.
Engaging with clubs to develop their volunteers structures.
* To deliver coaching in a number of Schools primarily to Disabled Children.
* To plan and deliver coaching within Northants Cricket Programmes
* To deliver ‘Chance to Shine’ sessions.
* To setup and manage a NCCC Disability side
* To work with clubs developing and delivering the key priorities of the Northants Cricket Strategic Plan
* To work with clubs and help them develop their Disability facilities and propositions.
Andy is now an ECB Level 3 qualified coach and has coaching and playing experience in Australia and the United Kingdom. He has previously worked for the South Northants District coaching and managing the Under 11 - 15 squads and has also coached Northamptonshire Age Group squads and now the Northants Disability side.
Recently Andy was called up to assist with the coaching of the England Learning Disability squad on a residential to Malvern.
Andy has been coaching since the age of 16 and spent the past summer delivering the ‘Chance to Shine’ project and during the past winter he was coaching and playing for the Edgewater Cricket Club in Perth, Western Australia scoring 115 on debut.
He has been involved in coaching boys and girls of all ages and abilities in a wide range of coaching environments including schools coaching programmes, age group representative coaching, district coaching and club coaching with the Northampton Saints Junior Setup.
Andy started playing cricket at the age of 11 playing for Preston Capes and age group representative cricket. He now plays for the Northampton Saints.
Favourite Cricketer: Shane Warne / Sir Viv Richards / Beefy